Pond Help! Expert opinion needed

BrAveHrT

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2010
PA
Hi guys, planning to get a 600gallon pond as an upgrade for my rays. I plan on ordering it from this website. http://www.jacksonvillekoisupply.com/6-Deepwater-Koi-Show-Tank-DW6.htm. For $300 and roughly 650 gallons, I'd have to say this is an excellent deal. The only catch is that the pond is made of 'very strong pvc material'. I planned to add pond liner to the pond as insurance since I'm keeping rays in there. Would this work guys? Has anyone had experience with a PVC-type pond? Any advice is appreciated! Thank you!

500g.jpeg

koienterprise

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2009
West Sacramento
BrAveHrT;4672962; said:
Hi guys, planning to get a 600gallon pond as an upgrade for my rays. I plan on ordering it from this website. http://www.jacksonvillekoisupply.com/6-Deepwater-Koi-Show-Tank-DW6.htm. For $300 and roughly 650 gallons, I'd have to say this is an excellent deal. The only catch is that the pond is made of 'very strong pvc material'. I planned to add pond liner to the pond as insurance since I'm keeping rays in there. Would this work guys? Has anyone had experience with a PVC-type pond? Any advice is appreciated! Thank you!
Bravehrt-
We use these similar tanks at koi shows, which is very temporary. Is this going to be an indoor application? By the sounds of it you will be using this tank as the main home for your rays and not just a temp tank while you build a pond...correct? My experience with koi show tanks are that they do well outdoors temporarily however with the sun they eventually start to break down and become brittle. Hope this helps.

BrAveHrT

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2010
PA
Hi Koienterprise,yes this is going to be indoors so there will be no sun/winter damage done on the material. I was hoping this could be a permanent home if pond liner was added if this is possible?

koienterprise

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2009
West Sacramento
Many hobbiest in the koi fish industry use these tanks as hosipital indoor tanks with no issues. A few companys also dealing with this material use them for drop in liners as they are welded to fit into custom made shapes. If you wanted to add a liner within this tank I don't see the problem in doing so other then dealing with folds. I believe the tank alone would be a great fish safe water containment solution.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store