Pond koi Food and tropical fish Food question ?

Htat

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 25, 2015
Hi everyone , can I use koi foods to feed my tropical fish ( giant gourami and cichlid) , what different between those of foods ? Thanks

Tobiassorensen

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2017
Sweden
I feed my cichlas and rtgg hikari koi pellets from time to time. Mostly to get an veggie part in their diet. They love koi pellets and goes nuts for it. But i doubt it is good for thier health in the long run feed them koipellets as an staple.

Reactions: Htat

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada

Koi food generally has higher inclusion rates of terrestrial based plant matter, such as wheat, soybean, corn, etc, because koi are capable of assimilating higher inclusion rates of carbs/starch, vs most tropical species of fish. In the example above the main ingredient in the koi formula is WHEAT.

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
………. and to the OP, far better if you keep all of your posts as one, in one thread, than starting multiple threads on the same subject.

Htat

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 25, 2015
………. and to the OP, far better if you keep all of your posts as one, in one thread, than starting multiple threads on the same subject.
Thanks
I feed my cichlas and rtgg hikari koi pellets from time to time. Mostly to get an veggie part in their diet. They love koi pellets and goes nuts for it. But i doubt it is good for thier health in the long run feed them koipellets as an staple.
thanks

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store