Jul 5, 2021
Have you tested your water?
Yes
If yes, what is your ammonia?
If yes, what is your nitrite?
If yes, what is your nitrate?
10 ppm
If I did not test my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be asked to do a test, and that water tests are critical for solving freshwater health problems.
Do you do water changes?
Yes
What percentage of water do you change?
21-30%
How frequently do you change your water?
Every week
If I do not change my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be recommended to do a water change, and water changes are critical for preventing future freshwater health problems.
Is this hole in the head? When I bought this peacock bass 3 months ago I noticed he had a small hole when I put him in my tank. At first I thought it was a scar for bumping against the glass. It appears as if other holes are starting to appear. He eats well (100% massivore pellets) and doesn’t look stressed. Have one more mono in with him that appears healthy. Should I do larger more frequent water changes? PH is 6.5

thanks all!

9D8D09F5-51B5-4BAD-A1FD-16D00DDE6EA4.png

9B5DBCFA-D5E8-4586-A0C1-794A5D700F8B.png

5F589AEC-C565-45F2-8D9D-E495D07A15F1.png

Mofo fish

Exodon
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2021
Charlotte NC
So i saw a guy on YouTube who had an Oscar with HITH and it is similar to what you described. I have an Oscar fish that had it as a juvenile but it was a actual hole. My O was still very active and eating as well but you don’t want to let that fool you. I treated it by mixing vitachem into wardleys sinking pellets (they are highly absorbent) and the fish ate it right up. I used api general cure, salt and melafix with 50 percent water changes every 2 days for about a month. He is now doing extremely well and the disease has stopped. That was probably 6-7 months ago. His growth is a little stunted but I stopped the treatment and he’s great. Hopefully this helps !

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Looks like hith. Would check ur water. Make sure it’s cycled and keep nitrates below 20ppm. Remove any carbon. Check for any aggression if other fish in the tank. Check for possible stray voltage, faulty heater for example.

Reactions: Mofo fish
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store