Possibly... BD hybrid girl...

MariaS

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2015
South Africa
Thought i would start a thread for our little hybrid girl

About three months ago we got a call saying a batch of hybrid pups were arriving the next day, if we interested we must be there early.. so...we did

It looked like the pups were all Motoro or some Motoro hybrids but.. as the last box was opened 2 pups just stood out totally different from the rest... so.. you dont have to guess... they came home...

I have no idea what bloodlines they carry but to me looks like they must carry "black rays" in them?
Would love to know what you think....

They turned out to be a girl and a boy...

Here is a picture of the little girl.. Friday
she was moved from the grow out tank in with some of the big girls
She has been in with the big girls two days and.. as you can see from one of the pictures.. is terrorizing all the big girls.. she does not stop for 2 second.. always on the go and getting up to mischief

008 (2)bd hybrid.JPG 008 (2)bd hybrid.JPG 028bd hybrid.JPG 029 (2) bd hybrid.JPG 030 (2)bd hybrid.JPG

009 (3)bd hybrid.JPG

Reactions: Bigfishnut

MariaS

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2015
South Africa
Wow! She's nice! Looks like a quality bd to me. I love mischievous rays!
Thanks... Bigfishnut Bigfishnut
That is what our gut feeling was when we saw them but we still battle a bit with identifying pups sometimes because they so different from what they become as adults...
However as time is going by they looking more and more like bd..

If they are black diamonds, someone somewhere along the line made a huge mistake when they packed those boxes...

Reactions: Bigfishnut

Bigfishnut

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2016
Warren PA
Thanks... Bigfishnut Bigfishnut
That is what our gut feeling was when we saw them but we still battle a bit with identifying pups sometimes because they so different from what they become as adults...
However as time is going by they looking more and more like bd..

If they are black diamonds, someone somewhere along the line made a huge mistake when they packed those boxes...
Definitely some henlei in there too. In my opinion that doesn't detract any value of the ray. I'll be looking forward to updates as she develops!

Reactions: MariaS

MariaS

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2015
South Africa
Definitely some henlei in there too. In my opinion that doesn't detract any value of the ray. I'll be looking forward to updates as she develops!
Sorry if im a pain... why do you say there is Henlei.. ( it had crossed my mind) is it because of the dark/black circles around the white spots? Just want to see if my reasoning is right....
Will definitely update.
Thanks once again.

Bigfishnut

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2016
Warren PA
Your not a pain MariaS MariaS ! Not in the least! I love talking fish...especially rays!
The dark circles around the spots and the light body color is what makes me think henlei.

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
Maria that's one nice stingray! I would buy her in a seconds chance, without hesitation. If they said it's a hybrid, it likely is. Usually we see the opposite, people selling hybrids as pure in attempt for more money. Since it sounds like you got a fair price, I think you should be very pleased. We can speculate about genetics all day, I think whatever the combination is, I am a big fan!

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
Sorry if im a pain... why do you say there is Henlei.. ( it had crossed my mind) is it because of the dark/black circles around the white spots? Just want to see if my reasoning is right....
Will definitely update.
Thanks once again.
Take a look at the paddle of the tail. It flattens out and is elongated. That would indicate henlei blood somewhere back in the liniage. The size of the spots and colors around it can be hit or miss as they vary from pup to pup, amongst the same litter even with pure blood. I start with the tail as that saves me some time in most cases. Beautiful hybrid Maria.

MariaS

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2015
South Africa
Your not a pain MariaS MariaS ! Not in the least! I love talking fish...especially rays!
The dark circles around the spots and the light body color is what makes me think henlei.
Thanks Bigfishnut Bigfishnut .. its nice to learn...

I thought as much, regarding the circles around the white, i didnt think too much of the body colour because i have 2 Henlei pups (will start a thread on them) and they were brown when they arrived and now are going dark so i didnt put two and two together there.
thanks for all the help

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store