Potential?

Brandonclark88

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2017
Thinking about picking up this female. Around 4" and has laid eggs already. Do you guys think she has potential?? Guy said her parents were imported from Taiwan and asked if I could get pics of the parents but nothing yet. Lighting isn't the best but it's the only pic I've got of her. Thanks!

IMG_5090.JPG

brz

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 23, 2012
PA
Looks nice. Actually looks very similar to one of mine. This is her in breeding dress.

IMG_3347.JPG

Reactions: Chiapet29

Brandonclark88

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2017
THanks guys. Seller is asking $60. Think that's a fair price or a little steep? Never done much shopping for females but I definitely like the pearls on her and the fact shes layed eggs already is good

Zmeflyby

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2016
I guess it depends where are you located. But a female like that would get $40 max. I would pay $25 for it here

Brandonclark88

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2017
Yeah I'm out in BFE Illinois lol. Not many people keep flowerhorns out here in the sticks. Usually if they are for sale around here they're over priced or very plain. I was thinking more along the $40-50 area but i know a fish is worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

Reactions: Zmeflyby

Man-made Monsters

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Dec 26, 2016
Yeah I'm out in BFE Illinois lol. Not many people keep flowerhorns out here in the sticks. Usually if they are for sale around here they're over priced or very plain. I was thinking more along the $40-50 area but i know a fish is worth what someone is willing to pay for it.
I would offer the seller less then $60.00 and see if he will take the deal. I would offer 40.00 and see if he'll take it or maybe he will counter at $50.00. Either way I wouldn't want to pay 60.00 for that female. But if you are excited to try and breed, and you have picture confirmation of that female with eggs then trust your heart and do what you feel is right. That female does have at least a hard kok showing. The female having a kok is really a large part of developing fry that have kok. I have personally watched a monster kok SRD breed with a female that didn't have a kok. That female's father was a big kok Kamfamalua, the mother didn't have a kok. The result was that only a small percentage of the babies, about 2-5%, had a water kok. Maybe that female will yield koky offspring, being that she has a bit of a hard kok formed. With hybrids it is so hard to predict what will happen.

Brandonclark88

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2017
He said he saw the parents back when he bought it @ 1" but didn't save the pic of them. Said the male was a water head and the female had a kok the size of a golf ball. Got a pic of her in breeding dress with her tube down but didn't have a pic of her on eggs. And got him down to $50. Hopefully she puts out some nice babies =]

IMG_5107.JPG

Brandonclark88

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2017
Letting them get to know each other a bit before cutting up the divider. So far he just seems to be trying to impress other than showing agression

IMG_5133.JPG

Reactions: brz
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store