Status
Not open for further replies.

paradise

Plecostomus
Original poster
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2005
Cali
Please ask any questions or post any comments re: POTW here. Please read the announcement before you do, it may answer all your questions. To see the announcement, click HERE.

RazorBlade

Feeder Fish
Mar 16, 2004
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
www.geocities.com
Hi Ed! Nice & neat changes happening in APF! ^_^

Question: Mon to Fri only?
- What if the photo/thread was posted on Sat or Sun?
- Would previous photo/thread be considered?
- Would active/updated photos/threads be considered?

Suggestion: "will focus on recent posts in the last five days (Mon - Fri) but may also consider older posts as well".

paradise

Plecostomus
Original poster
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2005
Cali
John, I think I may have to reword it Sat-Fri :) What happens is that only threads till Fri. will be considered, because Team APF will look through those on Sat and Sun for the Consideration. But I guess we can include Sat and Sun threads for next week's POTW. Great addition.

phishphorphun

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 18, 2005
Maryland, USA
I appollogize for missing this post.:-(

We are currently not entertaining getting the POTW going. We may do it down the road. For now, let's focus on the Photo Of The Month contest.

saltwaterman 2008

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2008
hastings
im kinda new to this so im sorry if this is a stupid question but are you allowed to post 2 photos or do you have to post 1

phishphorphun

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 18, 2005
Maryland, USA
POTW Starting September 2008

For many of you that have been waiting to see the POTW implemented, well, now is the time.

Starting next week the POTW judges will start evaluating, recommending, and voting on photos to be recognized as the Photo Of The Week.

There will be two photos every week that will be honored as the POTW. One for the Aquatic category, and one for the General category.

This is not a competition. The POTW committee will select the photo in each category to be recognized for excellence. Every week we will have a new photo named as POTW for General and Aquatic captures.

Posters that include a photo in the following forums will be considered:

Aquatic DSLR and P&S Gallery
Aquatic Critique
Photography 101

General Gallery
General Critique
Photography 101

Again I will repeat, this is not a competition. The POTW judges will evaluate and vote on everyday posts that include images that are the best posted photos for the week. They will use the normal criteria that we all feel are important to make excellent photos. The judges will look for basic technical skills, composition, exposure, and difficulty as their requirements for scoring.

Photos selected to be recognized as "Photo Of The Week" will be displayed in the POTW area for one week. Every Monday a new photo will be posted to replace the previous week's selection. Each "Photo Of The Week" will be uploaded to APF server for long term viewing purposes.

If a selected photo's owner does not wish to have their image displayed or uploaded to APF server, please contact phisphorphun via private message with your request.

Good luck and continue to share your images for us all to enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store