Premium 24k golden head Arowana 8 inches not eating

JSpilo

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2016
Maryland
Hi,
My Crossback Golden Arowana now eating good, swimming well in the tank and listens to us when we try to talk to him.
But somedays suddenly he jumps a lot for 2-3 secs continuously and same we are not able to understand why such.
Experts, please share your valuable resolution on this to understand this behavior.
Arowana jump. That's what they do.
They jump for food in nature, and will jump even if there is no food. They jump when startled.

Last edited:

Gaurav_Anjarlekar

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2019
Hi All,

One of the gill of my crossback golden Arowana has some increased skin and it opens a lot as compared to the other gill which looks normal. I change 30% water every week regularly.
Please suggest me the remedy at the earliest...

Blakewater

Aimara
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2018
Hi experts...please help
Your 4x2 tank is too small and your arowanas is hurting itself from jumping due to its stress. I don’t know how many times everyone has to tell you. It’s a waste of time at this point and I’d bet that’s why no one is responding now. Go buy an 8’x3’ tank or sell the arowanas to someone who can take care of it properly

Gaurav_Anjarlekar

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2019
Your 4x2 tank is too small and your arowanas is hurting itself from jumping due to its stress. I don’t know how many times everyone has to tell you. It’s a waste of time at this point and I’d bet that’s why no one is responding now. Go buy an 8’x3’ tank or sell the arowanas to someone who can take care of it properly
My tank is 6ft by 2.5ft

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store