Problem

Hybridfish7

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2017
So I finally built a stand that I measured out and cut wood for 2 years ago. I finally realized why I should not trust my past self
Snapchat-375516141.jpg
I'm going to tear it down and rebuild it in a couple months anyway because I needed it to fit 2 40bs, but for the time being will it hold the tank? It only sticks out in the back. Main thing is I need this tank up in the next 3 days and am wondering if the tank is going to explode or not.

fishguy1978

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2020
Washington
Looks like the tank is only a couple inches longer than the stand. I wouldn’t worry about it. You could add another 2x4 across the end to support the ends of the tank.

Reactions: Backfromthedead

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
If it were me, I'd trust it...but my tanks are in the basement. :)

In a previous fishroom in a previous home, I had a couple dozen 29 and 15 gallon tanks in rows, set up so that you looked through the end of each tank as they sat side by side, supported on a pair of 2x6 boards on edge, one supporting each end of the tanks. Never a problem. I got the idea from a local Big Al's, where all the tanks were supported only on the front and rear edge on industrial metal shelving units; just the horizontal beams, no actual shelving used at all.

These were all plastic-framed tanks like yours.

I often run up against a similar quandary as you: measure twice, cut too short...:)

Reactions: fishguy1978

Hybridfish7

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2017
Excellent, good to know. The design itself was meant to be one of those vertical racks with a space on the bottom shelf for another tank, hence the need to tear it down, but I'm guessing I originally cut it to be a singular stand and forgot. I'm only buying more tanks at the next DPG sale anyway, so I've got a couple months.

Reactions: fishguy1978
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store