Project Suvattii

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
Was looking at old emails and saw when I ordered my hairy puffer back in May 2014 is when I originally wanted a Suvattii but there were none to be found. Well Wet Spot has them in and I decided to order one. (Shipping tomorrow...) So I will start this as my record of the little guy and his home.

Home: 65B, so typical breeder base of 36" x 18" just tall.
Equipment: Filtration Aquaclear 110, Heater Aqueon Pro, Lighting Current USA Satellite plus 24".

For substrate Ive decided to use CaribSea River of Doubt sand.

Here are pictures of the tank so far:

More sand coming in this week to make a deeper sand bed for it to burrow in.

Still trying to figure out aquascape. Some puffers really do go stir crazy if they dont have a good visual complexity, but Im not sure on this type that tends to bury. I have lots of chunks of Mopani laying around, along with extra plastic plants. Who knows maybe its time to try my hand at some live plants. Thats all for now.

Will post more pics and some when the little guy comes in.

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
Oh man. I hope they sell out soon. $1 per gallon sale going on to. I don't know if I can hold out.

Can't wait to see this unfold.

I used big river rocks and driftwood mainly in my old tank with big fake silk plants. The way you have the hairy setup except with sand is what I would do.

Reactions: DMD123

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
Oh man. I hope they sell out soon. $1 per gallon sale going on to. I don't know if I can hold out.

Can't wait to see this unfold.

I used big river rocks and driftwood mainly in my old tank with big fake silk plants. The way you have the hairy setup except with sand is what I would do.
The guy at Wet Spot made it sound like they had a few. His concern was to find one that would fit in the cup they ship it in. Sounds like some were bigger. I asked about the cup thing, basically a betta cup with holes drilled all over and the puffer is inside it and it is in the normal bag of water. He said they do this because the puffers tend to bite through the bags.

Will see what I have laying around and try to aquascape the tank a bit more...

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
New pic of the Hairy puffers home

He loves to perch on the top of the one piece of wood waiting to be fed.

Not sure if I can accomplish that much visual complexity with what I have for the arrowhead but will look at what Ive got first... otherwise a trip to the store to look for more wood for the tank.

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
The guy at Wet Spot made it sound like they had a few. His concern was to find one that would fit in the cup they ship it in. Sounds like some were bigger. I asked about the cup thing, basically a betta cup with holes drilled all over and the puffer is inside it and it is in the normal bag of water. He said they do this because the puffers tend to bite through the bags.

Will see what I have laying around and try to aquascape the tank a bit more...
I just requested a quote. That's the first I've heard of that. All the ones I receive are triple bagged in super tough plastic in an insulated box

That would be awesome if you got one bigger

Reactions: DMD123

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
I just requested a quote. That's the first I've heard of that. All the ones I receive are triple bagged in super tough plastic in an insulated box

That would be awesome if you got one bigger
lol, getting a quote is pretty much on the road to buying.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store