Quarantine procedures

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
The reason I found out about his quarantine procedure at the zoo, was because he was starting a Madagascan exhibit. I believe was going to be around 500 gallons, and I donated some Paretroplus maculatus.
I had asked if I'd get to see it before moving, and with his 6 month quarantine stretch, I never did.
But yes he also has a 10,000 gallon Amazon tank, with Pacu the size of monster truck tires, and a couple of 5 ft red tail cats, I couldn't imagine treating that.
He said every week he had people trying to dump their oversize Pacus, and RT cats there, none of which he could take.

Patrick Calhoon

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2018
The reason I found out about his quarantine procedure at the zoo, was because he was starting a Madagascan exhibit. I believe was going to be around 500 gallons, and I donated some Paretroplus maculatus.
I had asked if I'd get to see it before moving, and with his 6 month quarantine stretch, I never did.
But yes he also has a 10,000 gallon Amazon tank, with Pacu the size of monster truck tires, and a couple of 5 ft red tail cats, I couldn't imagine treating that.
He said every week he had people trying to dump their oversize Pacus, and RT cats there, none of which he could take.
I cant imagine the cost of treating a water column that large.

Reactions: LBDave
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store