Question about Dwarf Pike?

Arkangel77

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 19, 2009
Carriere
Is there a Dwarf Pike the grows to a max size of 10"? If so whats its name and are they available? I have some dwarf greens right now but they stay so tiny and most regular pike get HUGE... Please let me know if u have any info for me and Thanks

Arkangel77

NHKG

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 31, 2015
Ostrava, Czech Republic
Biggest dwarf Creni I know, is Crenicichla Notophthalmus, max size around 6 inch.
Crenicichlas from saxatilis group grows around 8 inch, but they are pretty aggressive.
Crenicichlas from missioneira group grows around 10 inch, but I never had one.

Reactions: Arkangel77

Arkangel77

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 19, 2009
Carriere
thanks for the Info - I had a saxatilis once but it did not survive =/

Arkangel77

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 19, 2009
Carriere
I have a 180 - i just don't have all HUGE fish and in my experience, if they can fit it in there mouth - Pike will eat it!

Arkangel77

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 19, 2009
Carriere
PS - How large do zebrina Pike get?

Arkangel77

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 19, 2009
Carriere
thats truly not soo bad

kingbirdman64

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2017
hey guys, waving a hand to you all. someone happened to give me a 1.5 in, golden pike the other day, and that's only because they know me for having so many fish tanks. they said it was in the bag of feeders they buy for their tilapia. but because it looked different from the rest of the fish, they had to bring it to me, and let me keep it. I have it in my juvenile tank with small fish, as small as .5 in. but they too wide to fit in his mouth. I am so amazed with the way this little guy maneuvers around the tank, and hides between the plants and snatches the food right out of the other fish mouths, I`m seriously looking for another one. is that crazy or what. what are the most common pikes sold at shops ?

NHKG

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 31, 2015
Ostrava, Czech Republic
Mine 2 zebrina pikes are around 12 inch FL long. But I have small tank (115 gallon), in bigger tank they would grow few inch more.
They eat any fish up to 4 inch. 5,5 inch pleco have hard time with them. But they are peaceful towards bigger fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store