Question about planted tanks

aidenboyjon

Exodon
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2021
Japan
So I have two separate planted tanks both with a single betta, minami shrimp, dirt substrate, and low red leds to help with photosynthesis. These are primarily holding tanks for growing the plants and then moving them to separate tanks. My question is, if it is more beneficial to not perform cleaning/water changes but to at least refill the tanks to promote growth by letting the plants feed? Or would it too quickly get out of hand for a lot of plants to handle? Basically, is it more beneficial to perform weekly water changes for a tank like this or not? What would you recommend. They are fresh water 13gal cubes.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
So I have two separate planted tanks both with a single betta, minami shrimp, dirt substrate, and low red leds to help with photosynthesis. These are primarily holding tanks for growing the plants and then moving them to separate tanks. My question is, if it is more beneficial to not perform cleaning/water changes but to at least refill the tanks to promote growth by letting the plants feed? Or would it too quickly get out of hand for a lot of plants to handle? Basically, is it more beneficial to perform weekly water changes for a tank like this or not? What would you recommend. They are fresh water 13gal cubes.
I would think weekly wc's will benefit the shrimp.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store