question need answers

Dr Joe

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2006
Sixty Miles South of Tampa Florida
Check your gravel, fish mix it up, and when it's not clean you'll see nitrates. Vacuum the gravel very well each w/c and make sure you get in the corners and under rocks.

HarleyK

Canister Man
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2005
USA
Howdy,

as rallysman said: Check your tap water. EPA allows 44 ppm max. Or do you get your water from a well? That is not regulated by EPA.

Do water changes.

And get some fast-growing plants, e.g. floating plants.

The nitrate levels are sure not in the healthy range. Yes, long-term, I'd say I'd be somewhat concerned about your fishes' health.

HarleyK

HugeGhost

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2006
California
I would check for spots in your gravel where dirt has built up along with your filter as well. Once mine were up really high and there was a spot in the gravel that was just a mess that i overlooked when i did my gravel vacuum water changes. Plus all the fish you have are massive eaters and messy fish. Just like the bro said all those fish are ment for a huge massive tank especially rtc and pacu. Maybe give them good homes in large huge tanks and keep the shovelnose and add some insane datniods or something. good luck and get those down to 20-40 max!

Wildy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2006
NEWCASTLE UK
Simple answer mate tank to small too many fish , do your homework befroe you by huge tank busters..

rkc772

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2006
Southern California 91744
Overfeeding is another culprit for excessively high nitrates.
agree! lessen feeding.. do 2x water change a week (just for now). get some low maintenace plants, gravel vac each water change. you should do fine. check your water frequently. and when everything is in tip top shape... save some money and get a bigger tank!:D your monster fish will grow fast...:)

bes

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 27, 2006
phoenix
I have three left little rtc's all in great fin and color and plump. see my post on arapima,

bes

you'll know if you belong:thumbsup:

Picture 064.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store