question on breeding hybrids... please take and look and help me if you can

bOOsteN aUdI

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2005
East Coast
hey guys im new to hybrids.. i used to have some flower horns but not a big fan anymore.. i am mainly a pbass person but i have some side tnaks and im trying to get somethgin going. 55, 30 some 10s

what i wanted to know is what is the easiest cichlids to cross. is crossing speicies difficult and is there anything i need to know? what do i do ect.. i know about feeding live food, upping water temp and alot of small freq water changes. so what should i start with and how.. thank you for the help.. it is greatly appric. if you guys need to know anythgin about peacock bass (cichla) im willing to swap some info :thumbsup: and thank you again

lancerlot

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2006
Sudbury ont.
bOOsteN aUdI said:
hey guys im new to hybrids.. i used to have some flower horns but not a big fan anymore.. i am mainly a pbass person but i have some side tnaks and im trying to get somethgin going. 55, 30 some 10s

what i wanted to know is what is the easiest cichlids to cross. is crossing speicies difficult and is there anything i need to know? what do i do ect.. i know about feeding live food, upping water temp and alot of small freq water changes. so what should i start with and how.. thank you for the help.. it is greatly appric. if you guys need to know anythgin about peacock bass (cichla) im willing to swap some info :thumbsup: and thank you again

Texas/blood parrot cichlids are some what easy to cross and this is the end resalt.

Some veriations come out like this or, color of a texas and red fins it's realy neat
examples, realy different types from crossing these to

blue/green terror, can be crossed, but don't have to nice of colors

USMCtanker

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2005
wa
lancerlot said:
Texas/blood parrot cichlids are some what easy to cross and this is the end resalt.

Some veriations come out like this or, color of a texas and red fins it's realy neat

blue/green terror, can be crossed, but don't have to nice of colors
wow thats sweet

bOOsteN aUdI

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2005
East Coast
any way of telling male blood parrots from female blood parrots?

what about crossing texas with red devil? is this hard or easy? anyone have pics of these?

thanks guys! you ar extremely helpfull!!!!!

lancerlot

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2006
Sudbury ont.
bOOsteN aUdI said:
any way of telling male blood parrots from female blood parrots?

what about crossing texas with red devil? is this hard or easy? anyone have pics of these?

thanks guys! you ar extremely helpfull!!!!!
YOu would have to buy 3 blood parrots -.- Only way to tell if male or female is when their actualy laying eggs :(

but when crossing texas, always a male texas, their the gigalos of cichlids, they will try and breed with anything they can, even in wild they have been known to do this. :grinyes: Females tend to stick to their own kinda.

Heres a picture of red devil/male texas laying eggs, still waiting for update on the
babies.

So if you want hybrids, you can pretty much cross anything with a texas lol

bOOsteN aUdI

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2005
East Coast
sweeettt!!!! at what size will they breed? was that hard to cross with a red devil? how do you tell male red devil from female red devil? i wonder how the babies will turn out... ever see them before?

repair

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2005
Indy
I've got FH(female)/Texas(male) fry.... can't wait untill they get big enough to see what they are.

eh1421

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 14, 2005
*indiana*
repair said:
I've got FH(female)/Texas(male) fry.... can't wait untill they get big enough to see what they are.
you goin to sell them bad boys repair
i would be real interested in getting one
mike

bOOsteN aUdI

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2005
East Coast
at what size will they breed? how do you tell male red devil from female red devil?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store