Question on peacock bass breeding

Mfkjr75

Exodon
MFK Member
Nov 17, 2019
That should be good make sure the temperature is the same in the new tank and the flow isn't too much you might want to fan the eggs by hand once or twice a day to help keep the eggs that start to fungus from clumping up with the good eggs and spoil them. You can suck out the bad eggs with some air line tubing, and have it not turn into a full blown vacume cleaner for good measure. Your fish is a Xingu not a Azul, others a Mono. Should Be a cool looking fry.

Mfkjr75

Exodon
MFK Member
Nov 17, 2019
Thank you very much for clarifying what bass they are. Makes it a lot easier now to plan on their sizes. Before I was thinking they were gonna get around 30-36”. I really appreciate it.

Reactions: tlindsey

Mfkjr75

Exodon
MFK Member
Nov 17, 2019
One other thing came up that I could use advice on. So I found a place interested in buying them but not till they are 1 1/2 long. I currently have them in a 20 galllon long tank with two sponge filters and a air stone. My question is this. How many can you safely keep in a tank. Gonna be going out to buy a tank for these little guys but don’t want to waste the money on a tank to small. 40 breeder? 55?

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
One other thing came up that I could use advice on. So I found a place interested in buying them but not till they are 1 1/2 long. I currently have them in a 20 galllon long tank with two sponge filters and a air stone. My question is this. How many can you safely keep in a tank. Gonna be going out to buy a tank for these little guys but don’t want to waste the money on a tank to small. 40 breeder? 55?
I would imagine a 55g would be a good grow out for em with enough filtration. I'd just leave it as a bare bottom tank to make clean up allot easier.

Mfkjr75

Exodon
MFK Member
Nov 17, 2019
Sadly the eggs did not make it. I could not find any methylene blue. I tried using melafix and that didn’t stop the fungus that ultimately killed off all the eggs.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store