Question regarding Cherry Pearl

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
Make sense to link cherry to red color, I saw 'cherry hump flowerhorn' at lfs and he wasn't much red, so my initial thought was hump shape linked to cherry.
Yeah I can see that way of logic too. I've seen some called alien heads and they tend to have their kok stretch backwards over their back like how the head of the aliens look from the aliens movies. Even seen it once where there was a FH with a double kok, for sale for $400, literally a kok on the end of a kok. By far the most bizarre things I ever seen but strangely fascinating too, was going to post a link of it but I guess it sold on eBay already. Absolutely weird to see 2 koks on 1 FH and will probably never see it again to be fair lol.

Reactions: Ruturaj

Ruturaj

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Seattle, WA
Yeah I can see that way of logic too. I've seen some called alien heads and they tend to have their kok stretch backwards over their back like how the head of the aliens look from the aliens movies. Even seen it once where there was a FH with a double kok, for sale for $400, literally a kok on the end of a kok. By far the most bizarre things I ever seen but strangely fascinating too, was going to post a link of it but I guess it sold on eBay already. Absolutely weird to see 2 koks on 1 FH and will probably never see it again to be fair lol.
Who knows who comes with these names for same old regular fish. Double hump, I would just call it deformity, I think I saw that one on ebay too. I think there should be a line when it comes to hump size and shape hype out there or in future we will end up somewhere bad. Not loosing focus on how average person views fish is equally important.

Reactions: Magnus_Bane

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
Qho knows who comes with these names for same old regular fish. Double hump, I would just call it deformity, I think I saw that one on ebay too. I think there should be a line when it comes to hump size and shape hype out there or in future we will end up somewhere bad. Loosing focus to how normal people view fish is equally important.
Yeah some of these fish just end up being weird looking or just plain over hyped in some cases. With the double kok I would consider it a mutation, still neat to see one but I think that's all I'd want to see of em. I don't mind the alien head so much but then again not my cup of tea so definitely won't be getting one. Another one I don't care for was these ones I've been seeing lately that look like they had there kok pressed inwards, kinda like someone put a rock on its head as a baby and it just grew up with a permanent dent.

Ruturaj

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Seattle, WA
Yeah some of these fish just end up being weird looking or just plain over hyped in some cases. With the double kok I would consider it a mutation, still neat to see one but I think that's all I'd want to see of em. I don't mind the alien head so much but then again not my cup of tea so definitely won't be getting one. Another one I don't care for was these ones I've been seeing lately that look like they had there kok pressed inwards, kinda like someone put a rock on its head as a baby and it just grew up with a permanent dent.
Every genetic deformity starts as a mutation. It's up to us which one to carry forward as natural selection is not in effect at full strength. Agree that it's just weird to have fish like those. I assume even fish we had and have won't be considered normal looking one by an average person. My low quality rd got the most love because of no hump but another rd got similar attention because of the hump.

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
Every genetic deformity starts as a mutation. It's up to us which one to carry forward as natural selection is not in effect at full strength. Agree that it's just weird to have fish like those. I assume even fish we had and have won't be considered normal looking one by an average person. My low quality rd got the most love because of no hump but another rd got similar attention because of the hump.
Like they always say 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder' some ppl like certain characteristics more then others. Personally I prefer color and personality over kok size. Granted some will always catch my eye just because of the kok size as well, but usually it's like "wow that's a big one, next fish".

Reactions: Ruturaj

Ruturaj

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Seattle, WA
Like they always say 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder' some ppl like certain characteristics more then others. Personally I prefer color and personality over kok size. Granted some will always catch my eye just because of the kok size as well, but usually it's like "wow that's a big one, next fish".
For me order of priority is personality, body shape (long boxy shape and thick) , pearls (all over the body, evenly distributed), color (not much grey/green covered body), pearls over hump then hump size.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store