R/O water

Cabinetman 1

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2016
I am switching over to an R/O DI unit because my tap water is so high in Silicates and Phosphate. Any suggestions on what I should use to treat the R/O water with before adding to the tank? I am thinking of just R/O right by Kent marine. The pH regulator made my Phosphate go off the chart. I have 2- monos and one Teminsis and 1- Jardini. Thanks you!

Mr Pleco

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2006
West
If your just trying to lower phosphates why not attach a GFO reactor on your tank or add to filter? In regards to your question I don't like Kents RO right because of its high sodium content .. for my discus breeding tanks I just used a splash of tap water added to RO water. GL

Cabinetman 1

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2016
If your just trying to lower phosphates why not attach a GFO reactor on your tank or add to filter? In regards to your question I don't like Kents RO right because of its high sodium content .. for my discus breeding tanks I just used a splash of tap water added to RO water. GL
Thanks for the reply. I also have high silicate. I did try all of the media for removing it with no help due to weekly large water changes. I will see where the water parameters are at with just adding the R/O right and a little tap. Thanks

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store