Rainbow fish got bit/nipped by my angelfish

Fishnerd360

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2018
My smallest rainbow fish after releasing him into the tank got attacked by my angelfish, I got him in quarantine, put medicine in the tank. But each day his tail seems to get worse. Would his tail grow back? He’s acting normal and swimming normal, but I haven’t seen him eat yet.

image.jpg

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
My smallest rainbow fish after releasing him into the tank got attacked by my angelfish, I got him in quarantine, put medicine in the tank. But each day his tail seems to get worse. Would his tail grow back? He’s acting normal and swimming normal, but I haven’t seen him eat yet.

View attachment 1394952

The tail will not recover If there is no fin membrane left. The tail is severely damaged by fungus.

Reactions: kno4te

Fishnerd360

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2018
The tail will not recover If there is no fin membrane left. The tail is severely damaged by fungus.
That’s what I thought, I’m adding medicine to help with fungus. This would be my second fish who had a fin missing.

ECW

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2011
Oahu, Hi.
I think it’s past the point of recovery. Even with meds and getting it under control... He might live but. Don’t expect his tail to grow back. That’s pretty bad.

Reactions: tlindsey

Fishnerd360

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2018
I think it’s past the point of recovery. Even with meds and getting it under control... He might live but. Don’t expect his tail to grow back. That’s pretty bad.
I would like him to live, right now he has almost no tail, but he’s swimming and eating like my other rainbows do. I’m going to try and get rid of the fungus, and hope his tail looks better, even with no fin membrane.

Reactions: tlindsey

Fishnerd360

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2018
Tail seemed to have healed, don’t know if the tail is growing back or tail from when it got nipped. Also I rescaped the tank.

image.jpg

image.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store