kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Can they be kept with arowana they both small like 3 inch
Stay too small quick and aros growth rates are fast. So I’d say no. Can try Irwini if u got the space...be the better larger Raphael option.

Reactions: tlindsey

thebiggerthebetter

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
It will work for a while until the arowana (should we assume silver?) will grow big enough to place it on its potential menu. Might never happen given their lifestyles and the raphs defensive mechanisms but it too depends on the tank set up - size, furniture, lighting, etc.

Also, the better question you ask, the better answer you get in general. I mean we have to guess too whether you are talking about a spotted raph, which grows smaller, or a striped raph that grows bigger.

But if the question is about right now, this moment when they are both 3", then you told us all we need to tell you yes, right now they are quite compatible.

I feel like this is a bit of a charade. I love charades. Have I covered all the main possibilities yet?

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Most Raphs hide during the day and come out to forage under the dark of night so your arowana may never even the Raph if you have someplace for it to hide out.

Reactions: tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store