Random LFS Find

BichirQueen

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 19, 2016
Not one hundo percent sure what type of sunfish it is, was just labeled as "bluegill" for $2.00.

He is kind of a jerk and angry swims everywhere chasing everyone.

Might have to regime, but it would be cool to know specifically what type he is. My pictures are junk, I know. I will try to get better ones tomorrow.IMG_20170101_111328500.jpg IMG_20170101_112310_071.jpg

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
that's not a bluegill and judging from the aggressiveness I'm going to say green sunfish. Good luck.

Reactions: Frank Castle

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
Thank ya! I was thinking a pumpkinseed but that's just from light internet digging.
ehhhhh looks more green sunnie to me judging by what I believe to be a white strip across his dorsal fin, but he/she is also stressed and washed out, so wait until it colors up a bit more. My p-seeds wash out sometimes but usually don't look like that.

Reactions: BichirQueen

Drx6x

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2015
IL
yeah def a green black spot on adipose fin, large mouth, blue/green face markings. fun fish high aggression. better as a solo fish unless very large aquarium as even for sunfish greens have an attitude. but give him time and he will be attacking the glass begging for food.

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Hybrid sunfish,bluegill x green sunfish to be exact,definitely not a pure green sunfish,and I've bred all three,they are very hardy and will quickly learn to beg for food.

Reactions: BichirQueen

BichirQueen

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 19, 2016
Hybrid sunfish,bluegill x green sunfish to be exact,definitely not a pure green sunfish,and I've bred all three,they are very hardy and will quickly learn to beg for food.
Haha ohhhh yes, we have hit the beg stage. He can't seem to get enough bloodworms or cichlid pellets...Doesn't quite take to the dried krill LOL.

Thank you for sharing your knowledge.
All of you!

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
U should be able to get him to jump thru a hoop:first put the hoop in for a few minutes everyday or so,reward him when he swims thru,start gradually holding the hoop higher and higher ,so eventually the hoop is entirely out of water,this is one of my favorite tricks.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store