Ranger Bass Boats

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
Can anyone who owns a Ranger or spent time on a newer model tell me, are the all they're made out to be? I had a champion years back and she was a dream. Unfortunately, that boat is long gone and so is the company. It's time to get back into the boat game.

I need a bass boat, but the lady says it has to be family friendly. I'm thinking Ranger, I'm not terribly fond of Nitro but I haven't been on many other brands. I know there's a little cost difference between Ranger and the competition but I'm out of the loop with who's building a good boat these days. With Champion long gone I feel like a Ford guy who has to buy Chevy..

Thoughts? Anyone with bass boats or bass/ski hybrids. Thanks

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
We've been looking at tritons but haven't decided on anything. What are you going to be doing with it? Are you lake hopping or staying on one lake? If hopping what's your truck or vehicle capable of towing? How big of lakes are you going to be on? How big of motor and size foot boat are you wanting?

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
We've been looking at tritons but haven't decided on anything. What are you going to be doing with it? Are you lake hopping or staying on one lake? If hopping what's your truck or vehicle capable of towing? How big of lakes are you going to be on? How big of motor and size foot boat are you wanting?
Thank you Kid for taking the time to respond. I made an account on a bass forum but thought I would ask here first. I plan on lake hopping a bunch with it. I have a 2014 Tundra SR5 5.7 TRD 4x4. I don't know the towing specs to be honest. I think the Toyota should be ok, but I'm no expert. You know trucks better than I do friend. Would I be outclassed with this size boat?
https://www.rangerboats.com/models.cfm?gid=32&mid=7405#|specs

I talked with a sales guy today. I'm looking at the reata 2050, and the angler 621. reata looks good to fish/ski/scuba as those are my main hobbies. Seats 6 (4 comfortably) which is impressive for a ranger. looking like it comes with the yamaha 250 or mercury verado 250 Supercharged, which sounds way too awesome to pass up should i pull the trigger.

I'm going to look at Triton I've heard good things about them, my buddy highly recommended one. I'll stop by a few places tomorrow I don't have a lot going on. Keep getting info. I definitely like the combo style with seating for at least 4, the typical bench or 2 bucket bass design won't work for the family/scuba (compromises).

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
Thank you Kid for taking the time to respond. I made an account on a bass forum but thought I would ask here first. I plan on lake hopping a bunch with it. I have a 2014 Tundra SR5 5.7 TRD 4x4. I don't know the towing specs to be honest. I think the Toyota should be ok, but I'm no expert. You know trucks better than I do friend. Would I be outclassed with this size boat?
https://www.rangerboats.com/models.cfm?gid=32&mid=7405#|specs

I talked with a sales guy today. I'm looking at the reata 2050, and the angler 621. reata looks good to fish/ski/scuba as those are my main hobbies. Seats 6 (4 comfortably) which is impressive for a ranger. looking like it comes with the yamaha 250 or mercury verado 250 Supercharged, which sounds way too awesome to pass up should i pull the trigger.

I'm going to look at Triton I've heard good things about them, my buddy highly recommended one. I'll stop by a few places tomorrow I don't have a lot going on. Keep getting info. I definitely like the combo style with seating for at least 4, the typical bench or 2 bucket bass design won't work for the family/scuba (compromises).
I'd say you should be fine with pulling the boat linked above. You have a little over a thousand pounds of play for rods, fuel, and whatever else you want to have on board.

The verados are an interesting motor because of the supercharger but also expensive because of the supercharger. Most often dealers are going to just want to replace the supercharger if you have a few bad gaskets. Look around for a good trustworthy mechanic that won't make you pay an arm to get it replaced.

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
Thank you good man!

I love everything about the Verado except the idea of maintenance. I found a certified Verado mechanic not far away. Getting a quality product is my primary concern, I think I'll be able to hands upkeep.

I looked at the Triton Allure and it's a damn nice boat. Comes with opti 200 merc. Definitely more geared to fishing, larger livewell. They have a very similar layout, both seat 6 pretty easy

The Ranger 2050 is definitely more comfortable, and the 250 Supercharger is so seductive. The cost is the kicker. The 1850 with the 200 Verado would be an option too.

I'll make a move in the next week or two. Got some good feedback on bass forums. Thanks Kid I'll let you know what I choose

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
Boom! Ranger 2050 250 mercury Verado Pro. Now just patiently wait 10 weeks. Didn't realize they take that long to build. Now I have no excuse for catching the big one T Thekid

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store