Ray Sizes And Old Pics

The Happy Mud Skipper

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 23, 2005
Banff, Canada
I was wondering If anyone could give me a break down of the smallest growing stingrays out there. I know hystrix grow to about 15"...right? I was looking for a ray that might grow to be smaller than that. I currently am building a stand and hood for my 125 and I plan on putting 3 rays in it for a bout 2 years until my lease runs out on my Apt. and I can upgrade in a new house. Any sugestions? Here are some pics of my 125 and the Humerosa I had about 6 months ago before she outgrew the 125:

[/url][/IMG]
[/url][/IMG]
[/url][/IMG]
[/url][/IMG]
[/url][/IMG]
[/url][/IMG]

jdepasqu2

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2007
philadelphia
I once had a ray just like that a ways back....
As far as the 3 rays in th 125 idea....., i personally dont think its a good idea....., for a grow out tank you at least need a 2' wide tank.... pick up a 180 and that would work...
It has been my experience tha you shoudn't rush it with a small tank unless you like doing water changes every other day.... Good luck...

West1

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2007
I think the scobina is the smallets ray (not quite sure)

Nic

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2005
outside philly
they say scobina is the smallest stingray..good luck finding them.. but no ray is really good in a 125.... you could keep them in there but would have to do lots of extra waterchanges... too much hassle for me....

bukster

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2007
Toledo
i'm also curious...looking into a smaller ray for a 180g. the smaller full grown the better.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store