Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Black Piranha

Votes: 8 72.7%

• Total voters

PiranhaFan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2017
Hello, I am interested in either a black piranha or a tank with 5 red belly piranhas. My tank is 100 gallons and I was wondering which one would you guys recommend? Which choice should I be happier in the long run with? Also please provide as much info as you can if you have experience with one of these. I have done my research though so I know a pretty good amount of info on each one, but I have never owned one of these of course. I do want to hear what you guys who have had experience with both of these or at least one would recommend. Thank You.

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Hello, I am interested in either a black piranha or a tank with 5 red belly piranhas. My tank is 100 gallons and I was wondering which one would you guys recommend? Which choice should I be happier in the long run with? Also please provide as much info as you can if you have experience with one of these. I have done my research though so I know a pretty good amount of info on each one, but I have never owned one of these of course. I do want to hear what you guys who have had experience with both of these or at least one would recommend. Thank You.

If you don't have patience a Black piranha will not be a good choice they grow slow.

Rafini

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2012
Calgary, Canada
If you have the patience to grow one out to a big size (around 10") you can make a lot of money on your original investment though

theskibag

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2011
Galway, Ireland
I had both at one stage and had to get rid of one and decided to keep the red bellies and don't regret it

if you go red belly you've the choice of caribe, payara and normal natts. Plus more movement in the tank

I loved my black but he didn't really do much

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store