Red Devil Angels $69 at local store

ad88

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2013
Oklahoma
I have a local fish store selling Red Devil Angelfish for $69 at 2 and 3 inches with only a dime size red splatches on them . Some with one spot of red and others with 2 spots of red. My question is do the red color fill out more as they age? Or is what I see at there current size all they will have for life?

ryansmith83

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 2, 2008
Florida
This is a ridiculous price for koi angels. The “red devil” title is a marketing gimmick to make people think they’re something new/different and justify charging that much for them.

Patterns and colors change as fish mature so there’s no guarantee how they will end up. The only way to be sure is to buy adult fish.

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
This is a ridiculous price for koi angels. The “red devil” title is a marketing gimmick to make people think they’re something new/different and justify charging that much for them.

Patterns and colors change as fish mature so there’s no guarantee how they will end up. The only way to be sure is to buy adult fish.
While yes I do agree that it is a ridiculous price for what basically amounts to a overly red koi angel, it is still around the average price that this line tends to go for online. Don't get me wrong they are beautiful angels but to me they aren't $69 beautiful lol.

Reactions: ad88

ad88

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2013
Oklahoma
I have seen these fish online for half of the price in the $30-$40 range but the examples are almost 50% or greater covered in the deep red color.

Reactions: Magnus_Bane

ryansmith83

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 2, 2008
Florida
If I were in the US and looking for high coverage koi I’d just get them from the source for good koi.

Reactions: Magnus_Bane

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
If I were in the US and looking for high coverage koi I’d just get them from the source for good koi.

oOoOO those are nice koi's.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store