Red Devil Fry?

MaJiKTeRRoR

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 1, 2005
Illinois
My buddy has a mated pair of red devil. I know the fry don't look like red devils when they are small but as they get bigger they turn the right color. But these guys are a couple inches now and they still don't look like red devils. Is it possible that one of the red devils might be a flowrhorn? Anybody experienced anything like this before?

MaJiKTeRRoR

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 1, 2005
Illinois
piranha45 said:
what exactly makes them not look like red devils?
Well the only red devil I have seen looks like the one in my gallery.

MaJiKTeRRoR

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 1, 2005
Illinois
That pretty red devil coaxed my flowerhorn under the divider some how and killed it. Bastard. I'm so pissed. I'll take some pics this friday and post them. That is the soonest I'll see my buddy. But I guess that would help wouldn't it.

Apocalypse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2005
TeXXXas
aquatic-terrors.com
MaJiKTeRRoR said:
That pretty red devil coaxed my flowerhorn under the divider some how and killed it. Bastard. I'm so pissed. I'll take some pics this friday and post them. That is the soonest I'll see my buddy. But I guess that would help wouldn't it.
That sux. Sorry to hear about that. :(

Nate_N_Nicole

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2005
Flat Rock, Mi
I have breed red devils before and had a simular situation I was planing on keeping the babies until they all started to turn red well I kept these buggers for almost a year and only one of them turned colors and he was half red and half white (he looked sweet) and I thought to myself maybe these arent pure red devils or maybe there midas I never found out but only one of them turned and when I got rid of them they were all 4-5 inches there was about 40 of them so I just gave them to a LFS for 3 bucks a piece... And got rid of the parents to a freind of mine but any ways my guess is if some of them dont change your friend probably has midas!!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store