Red Devil or Midas search

Mfkjr75

Exodon
MFK Member
Nov 17, 2019
So I’m scrolling through YouTube the other day passing time watching fish videos. I came across a video from queens of cichlids. His Midas I found beautiful. I’ve also seen online Red Devils having distinct white, red and orange coloring. Does anyone know where online I can find these particular colored fish? I just love the fish with these multi colored patterns. I found this pic online. Thanks

430D7B12-DA9F-48AC-A02B-52364EACD4AB.jpeg

Sinister-Kisses

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2022
BC, Canada
Depends on where you are. My current dude came from an online retailer in Canada. They're typically referred to as "creamsicle" or "piebald". I got Tolken as a group of 6, 2" juveniles with the hopes of getting one that I like the markings of.

20220703_194615.jpg

20220703_194608.jpg

Sinister-Kisses

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2022
BC, Canada
Thanks.

I'll have to let the US member advise then...you should have a ton more avenues to order from than we do in Canada, but I'm not familiar with what they are ;)

Reactions: tlindsey

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
Look at

I have personally bought from all three. I live 15min away from the third.

Reactions: tlindsey

Hybridfish7

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2017
Cichlids of the Americas has lake arenal midas (barred and peeling), tangled up in cichlids has lake Nicaraguas sometimes, Ken Davis also has lake Nicaraguas, and wetspot only has barred arroyo something midas

As for labiatus, Cichlids of the Americas and Ken Davis also have them right now, wetspot and tangled up in cichlids get them occasionally (Isla zapatera)

Mfkjr75

Exodon
MFK Member
Nov 17, 2019
I ended up purchasing two from Ken. He is shipping them out today. ?
i came across a small problem this morning when I woke up. I noticed yesterday that a lot of my fish were at the top of the tank. Now I have read about this before but never experienced it. I turned on my wave maker and they all began to swim around normally. I didn’t know if this was cause of the current or if it was do to an oxygen issue. So I turned it back off before bed (which I regret now) woke up to a dead fire eel, tiger moray eel, albino Oscar, bass, and a catfish. All these fish were around 3-4inches except for the eels. Really sucks. I was able to clean the tank and save the rest of the fish. I have them in a 75gallon tank with a fx4 and a fluval 306 filter along withplants to help and a bubbler. I got no idea how I’m having an oxygen problem.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Jexnell and Rocksor
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store