Red eyed croc skink

Kolton13

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2019
So I’m looking for a reptile for my 29 gallon and after doing a little research I came across a red eyed croc skink. Are they good pets? Can you handle them? I’ve heard they swim which is what I want a semi aquatic lizard. If these guys aren’t suitable it’s there anything else? Also what is a proper environment for these guys, thinking a terrarium with water on the other side of the tank.

MatteoTheEnder22

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2020
Miami
So red croc skinks make good pets but mostly are a look but dont hold type of reptile similar too the pacman frog that you wanted too get in regards to handling it without the delicate skin. Yes they are a semi aquatic species I believe thats how they got the croc in their name but not super aquatic like a caiman lizard is also they need too have a deep substrate because they like to dig a lot. They are really social so you cant just get one you have too have at least 2. The humidity needs too be pretty high they are insectivores so they will eat crickets and such. They get too an average size of 4inches not including the tail and think thats it any more questions?

Kolton13

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2019
I was gonna get one but heard very bad things about them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store