ryansmith83

Redtail Catfish
Original poster
MFK Member
May 2, 2008
Florida
Real Name
Ryan
Sometimes the classics are classics for a reason. Even after venturing out into rare, oddball cichlids, I still always circle back to my favorites from when I was a kid. One of those favorites is the kribensis. I snagged some of the red males a year or so ago and then got the females later. I've had the sexes separated but I introduced these two into a small 20 breeder last week and I already have these fry.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Thomas Lindsey Sr.
Sometimes the classics are classics for a reason. Even after venturing out into rare, oddball cichlids, I still always circle back to my favorites from when I was a kid. One of those favorites is the kribensis. I snagged some of the red males a year or so ago and then got the females later. I've had the sexes separated but I introduced these two into a small 20 breeder last week and I already have these fry.

Beautiful pair. The male is doing a great job guarding the fry lol.

Reactions: d033ie

ryansmith83

Redtail Catfish
Original poster
MFK Member
May 2, 2008
Florida
Real Name
Ryan
He might be doing a little too well. He barely lets them leave the sand to eat. The mom has raised fry before on her own (with a different male) and she was much more relaxed, letting them graze and roam around. Kribs usually lead their fry around the tank in a herd but he doesn't want them to move. He's constantly scooping them up in his mouth and spitting them back into the pile. I'm hoping he loosens up a bit over the next few days or I may have to move him.

Reactions: tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store