Red Gar, Platinum Gar, Snowball Gar, Longnose Gar

daviddiaz1986

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2020
my original plan in my tank was/is to have 2 Gars. I currently have 1-15” or so Florida Gar. I very much would like a Longnose Gar, but 5” Longnose Gars are hard to find and anything bigger then that is near impossible to find. I have tried a 5” Longnose Gar, but was eaten by my other Gar. So may have to give up on having a Longnose. now I have been looking at other Gars. One that I have no interest in at all are Alligator Gars.

few questions:
saw Red Gars sold on a Website for $550 I may be interested in.
Are there true Red Gars?
How to tell if it’s a true Red Gar? Hear there fakes out there that loose it’s red in a few months.
what kind of Gars are Red Gars?

are Platinum and Snowball Gars the same fish?
Where you located i have 2 10 inch longnose gars
my original plan in my tank was/is to have 2 Gars. I currently have 1-15” or so Florida Gar. I very much would like a Longnose Gar, but 5” Longnose Gars are hard to find and anything bigger then that is near impossible to find. I have tried a 5” Longnose Gar, but was eaten by my other Gar. So may have to give up on having a Longnose. now I have been looking at other Gars. One that I have no interest in at all are Alligator Gars.

few questions:
saw Red Gars sold on a Website for $550 I may be interested in.
Are there true Red Gars?
How to tell if it’s a true Red Gar? Hear there fakes out there that loose it’s red in a few months.
what kind of Gars are Red Gars?

are Platinum and Snowball Gars the same fish?
I have a 10 inch and 12 incb longnose if you are close to Florida.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store