Red terrors

dovii88

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2005
rhode island of course
they are such sweet as fish..but you should do some dovii...jk hahahha..get them they will be awesome

Jason_S

Polypterus
MFK Member
Oct 5, 2005
Indianapolis, IN USA
MrfisH said:
Not to derail this, but how do I tell a male from a female RT?
once they start to show differences, a females pelvic fins and the front half of her dorsal fin will turn dark blue or black. her vertical bars will show all of the time and be very dark and bold. if she had any blue spangling on her scales they will most likely disappear. a male will have a blue spot on each scale on its side, his fins will be deep red with blue spanglling and his vertical bars will rarely show. in fact, the only time I see the bars on my male is when they're breeding. :thumbsup:

MrfisH

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 25, 2005
New Hampshire
Oh ok so they both look like your avatar but only the female looks like it most of the time. mine is around 3.5" when will I notice any changes?

Jason_S

Polypterus
MFK Member
Oct 5, 2005
Indianapolis, IN USA
MrfisH said:
Oh ok so they both look like your avatar but only the female looks like it most of the time. mine is around 3.5" when will I notice any changes?

no, the RT in my avatar is my female. a male will not have the base red or dark orange color but rather a much lighter orange or yellow. here is a pic of my male.

you should start to see your RT showing signs of male or female very soon. watch the dorsal/pelvic fins. if they stay red then it's a male but if they turn dark blue or black it's a female. :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store