Red Texas Project

milkman407

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2006
in a house
Starting A new thread, I'll try to keep this updated as much as possible. I'll also be leaving a link to pictures and collection point from a previous thread. This Red Mammon female came from "Happy Farms".

https://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/threads/the-“blue-mojarra”-herichthys-sp-pantepec.694950/

I came home from a 14 hour shift and noticed the eggs. I'm not sure what time she laid them, but when I got home I moved the divider, hoping that the male would fertilize the eggs. The female refused to let him get close, and was actually taking scales from my male, which was a surprise considering this male has killed anything in a tank with him. I moved the pot onto the other side of the divider with the male overnight, in hopes that he'd be able to fertilize them, then put it back on the females side the following morning. The eggs were laid on 11/17/17 as of today 11/20/2017 the female is still guarding the eggs, I don't think they were fertilized :(. I ordered a clear divider that should fit the tank perfectly, allowing me to put one of these clay plates underneath. We'll see what happens.

Reactions: DRteugelsi

milkman407

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2006
in a house
eggs are turning white, definitely not fertilized :(. Will try again soon.

milkman407

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2006
in a house
the mammon is full of eggs and tube is very very far out, I'm guessing in the next day or two. The duo is getting along well, took the divider out and only a few minor lip locks.

milkman407

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2006
in a house
Left the house at 2:00 pm, got home at 7:30pm. Came home to a nice little surprise, fingers crossed that the male fertilized them this time. Lets just hope the female isn't so protective of the eggs this time around. Smaller amount of eggs than the first batch, but probably around 100 or so.

DRteugelsi

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2016
Ohio
Left the house at 2:00 pm, got home at 7:30pm. Came home to a nice little surprise, fingers crossed that the male fertilized them this time. Lets just hope the female isn't so protective of the eggs this time around. Smaller amount of eggs than the first batch, but probably around 100 or so.

Awesome!! I look forward to seeing how the do and how they turn out.

Reactions: milkman407
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store