red tiger flowerhorn

BastardFish

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2005
West Coast
quote-Thanks. So any breeders can call their flowerhorns whatever they feel like? They can name them however they want? I thought there are standards based on strain and looks? I have seem other tiger flowerhorns

These guys are also called tiger flowerhorns but they all look totally different from each other.-quote

yes they can and do. You are sort or correct though. No matter what they call the fish name wise they can and do still fall under certain strain categories. For instance the two fish in your first post are named tiger but they are still part of the zz strain or lineage. Now for the second bunch of pics there. Those fish are all variants of the RM-or Red Money Strain no matter what they are called. Possibly RM crossed with kamfa or malau?

Scorponok

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 26, 2005
cybertron in cyberspace
Thanks for your expertise. I am getting the zz on the second pic, can I house him with other fish? I heard no way but I have seen flowerhorns with other fish. I am looking at housing him with but not neccessary oscar, dats, pike cichlid, baby tig cat, and baby TSN.

Au Duong Phong

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 8, 2006
S. cali
again, and seem like always.

PPL only get twisted in this name crap still is because they let themselves get lost in it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store