red wolfish

Ripdevil

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2005
DMV
just got my first wolfish ever. from what i have seen in the past and read about them they seem to be bootm dwellers that are not very active. mine quite to the contrary is crazy. it swims around all day and stays more towards the upper half of the tank then the lower. the first day i thought he did this b/c of stress, there are some other agg fish in the 125g with him but now he seems at home towards the top, is eating like a champ and not getting bothered or bother any of the other fish.

does this behavior sound extremely out of touch with this species or can you have more active ones?

joel

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jul 14, 2005
THE GARDEN STATE
i've had my Erythrinus erythrinus(rainbow wolf) for a couple of months. at first it was by itself, then i put him with my aro, bicher and channel. they all seem to be fine so far. he doesn't attack any of the other fish. but it is an active fish. swims around a lot.

Miles

Stingray King
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2005
Spokane, WA
Im thinking about Importing these guys..

Wonder what kind of aggression issues I will have with 20 in the same tank?

Tucc185

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2005
Boulder, CO
www.reef2rainforest.com
Oh, and my hi-fin rainbow wolf was always swimming around the upper levels of the tank, so I think this is somewhat normal behavior, especially when young. Be careful with those guys though, as mine was a very subtle killer. He would appear to be extremely docile towards the other fish during the day, but at night he was like a different fish, biting, chasing, and basically destroying every other fish in the tank, including a Crenicichla that was almost twice his size. So watch carefully, and good luck with him!

fishking

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 26, 2005
new york
shark aquarium has a 30 gallon tank with 10 of these guys in it and alls well. anyway ...gold wolfish RULE...THEY are the most active wolfish in EXISTANCE....PS. HOWEVER personally speaking i wish the red were as active...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store