Reducing my numbers?

GVerde

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2011
Chicago
I feed my adult haps every other day and they are very healthy. I have around 20+ in a 220 gallon and I'm doing water changes once a week.

Reactions: Joshuakahan

markstrimaran

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2015
iowa
Hey guys, I have a 120 rift tank and it has about 20 haps 1 mbuna and 2 vics. and 2 larger synos Everything is fine with the tank but because of the load I’m having to do WCs 3-4 times a week. I had a little bit of a health scare last week and decided I should probably cut back on how much I have going on. I was initially going to sell this tank and all the fish, but im thinking maybe I could sell off a lot of the fish and keep around 8. Think that 8 would work or cause too many aggression issues?
Here’s the 8 I would keep
1 VC10 Hap
1 pombo rocks yellow chin hap
1 mbamba mbuna
1 xmas fulu
1 Rubens Red
1 Sunshine
1 Aulonocara Stuartgranti chilumba
1 Malawi barracuda
Plus one of the synos, probably the decorus
Here’s the tank as it is now

Reactions: 1 2many

Mark K

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2017
I have a heavy bioload in my 120s and my 180. I fixed this by putting in a drip system that puts 12 gallons per day into each tank. The excess water goes out an overflow. The overflow runs to a hole in the floor where there used to be a cable line. One empties into the floor drain in the basement and the other drains to the basement shower. Parameters are real nice now.

Joshuakahan

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2019
I have a heavy bioload in my 120s and my 180. I fixed this by putting in a drip system that puts 12 gallons per day into each tank. The excess water goes out an overflow. The overflow runs to a hole in the floor where there used to be a cable line. One empties into the floor drain in the basement and the other drains to the basement shower. Parameters are real nice now.
Thanks, I actually reduced my numbers to one. I’ve been keeping rifties for a long time and decided to go a different direction for this tank, so I sold them all and put a gold wolf fish in it

Reactions: ..puSkar..
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store