Remote Control for Filter (or other equipment).

DAM

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 15, 2005
Iowa
When I set up my aquariums a few years ago I didn't give a lot of thought to power strip placement, meaning I had to kneel down and reach into the cabinet to turn the filters off (125, 90 and 58 gallon tanks) at feeding time. I didn't want anything on the outside of the cabinet, so I lived with it, and occasionally forgot to turn a filter back on.

A couple months ago I ran across remote controlled switches on Amazon. Just plug the remote outlet into the power switch, plug the filter in the unit, then press the "on" button on the remote unit. My setup came with 5 remote outlets and two remote controls. For those older, taller or overweight fishkeepers out there it's a handy gadget for the money.

20210412_121118.jpg

Rob909

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2018
Fontana, CA
Good option here! I too keep my power strips inside the cabinets so this is what I’ve been using:
BD488C6C-AF60-43BD-9D9E-EF35296F4375.jpeg
It’s only got 4 outlets but it comes with an app I can control from my phone. It’s also got a function for each outlet to auto power back on or remain off after power outages. You can easily label the outlets in the app so you know what pump is controlled by each outlet.

deeda

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Medina, Ohio
Amazon link to product?
It looks like the BN Link product but I could be wrong. The only problem might be is that after a power outage, you need to manually reset the plugs.

dr exum

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2007
Northwest
i’ve got a bunch of the TP Link Kasa power strips - easy peezy

mnloki

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2020
I did the automated plugs as well. That way I also have the light go off in my "goodnight" routine.

DAM

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 15, 2005
Iowa
I wish I'd known about the TP Link power strips, I'd have gone with them. Oh well, this was a slightly cheaper solution after originally going with the Tripp Lite power strips with individual switches.

Arthur11

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2021
I use this Hydor controller to operate two Hydor Nano 240 wave pumps. The tank is 40 gallons of freshwater. Other equipment on the tank are as follows: Sunsun UV sterilizer, Fluval U2 internal filter, and Eheim Surface Skimmer. The controller alternates the operation of the two pumps. It has been operating steadily and reliably for almost two months. The Nano 240 wave pumps operate silently. I bought this controller because I was considering the purchase of Buffalo Head Cichlids. This species come from a fast moving river environment. I bought the controller in order to have better control of the two pumps.

Reactions: DrownedFishonFire
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store