Removing fx6 hose clips

midasman714

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2007
Fountain Valley, CA
These are currently on my 240 half inch thick acrylic and it seems almost impossible to remove.

Does anyone have any tips? only reason I'm removing is because I'm adding a background and need access.

20190103_081854.jpg

james99

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2009
savannah,ga
You can try grabbing the back and squeezing the pieces together with pliers. I ended up breaking mine when I tried to take them off to do my background. They do a great job at holding the background in place though.

midasman714

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2007
Fountain Valley, CA
You can try grabbing the back and squeezing the pieces together with pliers. I ended up breaking mine when I tried to take them off to do my background. They do a great job at holding the background in place though.
I ended up just leaving it on there which made it a bit challenging since I added tint film background.

Hari Haran

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 30, 2018
I removed mine yesterday, should be easy, get a 1 by 4 wood, try to insert between the inner side of the clamp and tank, it kind of hard but doable try to insert at an angle until the wood is flat to the tank, now move the wood up to top of the tank touching the trim this expands the clip, now it just comes off, its easy once you get the wood inbetween all the way, also you might need a smaller/bigger wood depending on trim side but 1 inch worked fine on regular black aqueon trim tank, wood doesn't scratch glass, you could use a microfiber cloth around the wood for acrylic tanks.

TheWolfman

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2010
Long island, NY
I had to cut my clips to even get them on my tank in the first place. When you do get them off trim some tab on the clip off so next time you won’t have that problem.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store