Replacement peg for aquaclear filter

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
The other night I suddly heard one of my filters rattling like crazy so I looked and my AC110 is missing the little peg that you stick in the bottom to keep it off the glass, for a temporary fix I stuck a Gatorade lid in the bottom corner and it’s been working really good but not sure if that’s okay for long term use. image.jpg

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
The other night I suddly heard one of my filters rattling like crazy so I looked and my AC110 is missing the little peg that you stick in the bottom to keep it off the glass, for a temporary fix I stuck a Gatorade lid in the bottom corner and it’s been working really good but not sure if that’s okay for long term use. View attachment 1508050
I suggest something softer because the plastic isn't that strong.

Reactions: Rtc/tsn

FJB

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
I have several Aquaclear filters with varied types of ‘separators’ (wood, rubber, felt happy feet, etc. one of them has a jacks game piece that fits perfectly). It has been years for several of them. No problem. Of course the original replacements are available online if one must.

Reactions: Rtc/tsn

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I've used bottle caps before and had them fall down behind the tank after forgetting they were in place and moving the filter for cleaning.I've been meaning to put a pea sized gob of silicone on the filter right where that tab would be,letting it set and see how that works.

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
I've used bottle caps before and had them fall down behind the tank after forgetting they were in place and moving the filter for cleaning.I've been meaning to put a pea sized gob of silicone on the filter right where that tab would be,letting it set and see how that works.
Yea the bottle cap seems to be working really good so until I have a reason to change it I think I’m gonna leave it but eventually will probably have some type of foam that I’ll glue to the filter.

Reactions: tlindsey

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Yea the bottle cap seems to be working really good so until I have a reason to change it I think I’m gonna leave it but eventually will probably have some type of foam that I’ll glue to the filter.
The foam idea sounds pretty good too....or,how about a small piece of weatherstripping tape?

fishguy1978

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2020
Washington
I have a 110 that I duct taped 1in of foam to.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store