Requiem shark questions.

User name®

Feeder Fish
Sep 1, 2019
I've found saltwater sharks very interesting, especially requiem ones like the blacktip reef shark and bonnethead shark and I have some questions about them since I've seen a lot of discrepancies with information about them. I'm just curious about these sharks in captivity and want to know more.
1. Which requiem shark do you think requires the smallest tank? To my knowledge the grey smoothhound, Atlantic sharpnose and bonnethead are the smallest.
2. Which requiem shark do you think does best in captivity? I'm pretty sure its the blacktip reef shark but still wanna hear your answers.
3. Which requiem shark would you suggest to someone who's new to caring for open swimming sharks? I think the leopard shark is a good one but I'm no expert so take that with a grain of salt.
Thank you for any feedback.

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
It says you're 19 so forgive me for asking if I am wrong.
Have you kept fish before in general? Saltwater? Other sharks?

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
This person has a different username, it did come across my mind that this may be the same person but I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.
Incase you, op, are the same person, then you should know that you can make all the accounts you want and ask this as many times you want but the answer won't change.
If you are not the same person then I am sorry for saying that, please forgive me.

User name®

Feeder Fish
Sep 1, 2019
It says you're 19 so forgive me for asking if I am wrong.
Have you kept fish before in general? Saltwater? Other sharks?
No I haven't kept any fish before and I'm not planning on getting something like a shark but I've been interested in them for a while and had some questions since I've seen lots of different information.

User name®

Feeder Fish
Sep 1, 2019
This person has a different username, it did come across my mind that this may be the same person but I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.
Incase you, op, are the same person, then you should know that you can make all the accounts you want and ask this as many times you want but the answer won't change.
If you are not the same person then I am sorry for saying that, please forgive me.
No problem, I see why you'd think that, sort of similar posts but I'm not not planning on getting a shark (too little space and too much maintenance) but I'm still curious about them since I found them very unique.

sikoko

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2009
Groton,ct
If I were you and I was at one point start reading the shark stickies in the sharks and rays section just get as much info as possible and if you have a salt tank big enough do a "trial run" with a species of benthic shark. It's a good way to learn after doing as much research as humanly possible.

Reactions: twentyleagues
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store