Rescue Siamese fighting fish thread

MultipleTankSyndrome

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2021
Loachaholica
Mmmm....76 degrees Fahrenheit=24.4 degrees. Not that far off from the cutoff I have seen of neon tetras not doing well, I'd have to be somewhat cautious.

It could work, but it's probably rather moot unless there's no other option for the fighting fish (because of the probable aggression issues). Thank you for your input anyway.

MultipleTankSyndrome

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2021
Loachaholica
Bump!

Abandoned this thread for a little while because the rescue Iattached a picture of earlier was said to have died by the seller ?
Suppose that's something to keep in mind when rescuing fish, that they could always have died before you rescued them. I therefore will not be reviving this thread with news of new rescues unless I have got them from wherever they were advertised.

And I do! Not only was Lelouch in even worse conditions than the old one (so it's a more impactful rescue happening here), he's also a plakat, meaning there's not much in the way of fins for Gray Fullbuster to have as a midnight snack (as Fishman Dave warned about).
I unfortunately could not get the suction cups of breeder nets to stick underwater for some reason, so I'm going to have to take even more care. But still, here's hoping for the best.

Before picture of Lelouch:
1635720605573.png

After:
1635721843781.png

MultipleTankSyndrome

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2021
Loachaholica
Feeding update: although I can't yet say that Lelouch is necessarily safe from being eaten by Gray, he does appear to be settled in enough to start eating.
I was concerned he'd overeat on frozen foods fed to Gray and the clown loaches, but they fortunately appear to be fast and savvy enough to eat fast enough so that he doesn't overeat.
The savvy part took me by complete surprise. I just fed mysis today and Lelouch went for one, but was intercepted by Erza (the alpha clown loach), who then proceded to take the mysis for herself ?.
So I will be feeding small, separate portions of frozen food just as I will with his pellets.

Reactions: Deadeye
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store