Returning after some time

BigTrain

Exodon
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2014
Florida
Hey there! I'm returning after a while. I use to have a 125g with african and south american catfish, and a 300g rubbermaid pond in my house with two playful iridescent sharks. After moving homes twice, getting rid of my beloved catfish, and having to downsize to a 35g aquarium, the spark for aquaria really was squashed. Now I'm back trying to pump air in to those tires again by upgrading to a 55g aquarium until I can get back up to a 125g that held me steady for a long time. Still hanging in there with me for this whole time are my African Featherfin and Striped Raphael. A Bumblebee catfish also joined for the ride a few years ago.

Big catfish are my background, but this time around I'm going to explore a dirted, planted tank with a betta fish sorority. I recently went to an aquarium conference (Aquashella, baby!) and they instilled in me a love for aquascaping, which I'll be testing out with the 55g. If I had it my way without any financial restrictions, that 300g would be in my front yard with catfish coming out of my ears. But for now I'll have to live vicariously through you all and through this website. Know that every picture posted waters a good seed in me.

I live in Northeast Florida if anybody wants to chat! There aren't any in-person aquarium groups around here, so finding some more people to share this hobby with would be great.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Hey there! I'm returning after a while. I use to have a 125g with african and south american catfish, and a 300g rubbermaid pond in my house with two playful iridescent sharks. After moving homes twice, getting rid of my beloved catfish, and having to downsize to a 35g aquarium, the spark for aquaria really was squashed. Now I'm back trying to pump air in to those tires again by upgrading to a 55g aquarium until I can get back up to a 125g that held me steady for a long time. Still hanging in there with me for this whole time are my African Featherfin and Striped Raphael. A Bumblebee catfish also joined for the ride a few years ago.

Big catfish are my background, but this time around I'm going to explore a dirted, planted tank with a betta fish sorority. I recently went to an aquarium conference (Aquashella, baby!) and they instilled in me a love for aquascaping, which I'll be testing out with the 55g. If I had it my way without any financial restrictions, that 300g would be in my front yard with catfish coming out of my ears. But for now I'll have to live vicariously through you all and through this website. Know that every picture posted waters a good seed in me.

I live in Northeast Florida if anybody wants to chat! There aren't any in-person aquarium groups around here, so finding some more people to share this hobby with would be great.
Welcome back! ?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store