Rhino Pleco hiding spots?

Denon

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
I have a rhino pleco, roughly eight years old and around 11" in length, (s)he seems to be happy and healthy. I currently use natural lighting in the tank from a nearby window and am wanting to add some additional artificial light with a 48" hygger on the 24/7 cycle. The rhino currently typically hangs out on a large piece of Mopani wood behind some plastic plants. I am worried adding the additional light will add additional stress and am hoping someone can provide some hiding place ideas. The tank is a 75g and currently filled with a large piece of mopani wood pea pebbles and plastic plants and his tank mates are a handful of nerite snails and 4 EBA's.

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
For something simple a large pvc pipe works, or you can make a cave out of some wood or boulders/rocks.

Reactions: Denon

Denon

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
I ended up adding some more wood and rearranging what is there. Pleco seems a little upset, not hanging out where (s)he normally does, but overall it seems to have turned out ok. I need to at some point figure out how to use my angle grinder so I can cut a big terra cotta pot in half.

Reactions: Deadeye
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store