Rhom/Sanchezi Source?

ativa01

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2021
Big fish in small pond
After waiting patiently all summer for AquaScapeOnline to receive more piranha to sell, I have been informed that they will not be getting any more stock due to COVID shipping restrictions from Peru. This is disappointing because I would love to get my hands on a few juvenile purple sanchezi to raise.

Any recommendations for an alternative source? I live in a legal state but piranhas are scarce at most LFS, especially rhombeus and sanchezi.

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
Might have luck with exoticfishshop or aqua imports. Can’t say for sure though, as aquascape would have been my first choice.

Reactions: tlindsey

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Na
exoticfishshop does not carry piranha. Aqua Imports only has "Gold Cariba."
Nation wide aquatics has a rhonbeus and sanchezi for sale. Atleast still on eBay. Can try them. They are on fb.

dr exum

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2007
Northwest
advin fishbox on FB has all the piranah-

based out of oregon

AquaScape

Peacock Bass
Community Vendor
MFK Member
I will have some in 2 weeks for sure, maybe next week, Lets see how fast he can catch them, Just got off the phone with the shipper in Peru. Finally

ativa01

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2021
Big fish in small pond
Wish I would've known this sooner. When I called I was told there was basically no chance of piranha coming in because of covid restrictions for flights to NJ. So I figured it was time to look for other vendors.

Davepel

Exodon
MFK Member
Sep 22, 2021
NJ
Do you ship through the winter or do you shut it down? I'm hoping you get some Sanchezi's in stock. Thank you

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store