Rio Cabuya Siquia and Honduran Red Point Pics

NW Cichlid Keith

Dovii
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2016
Atlanta, Georgia
My male HRP and female Rio Cabuya siquia have a thing for each other. When I place them w/ multiple of their own species, they do nothing. As soon as I place them back in the same tank, they get busy. If it is that devoted, who am I to keep them separated. I don't protect the fry, but one lived in a crowed tank. He is not that old and is already a full 6" and not slowing down - much bigger than either of his parents. I just placed him in a 300 w/ his dad and his dad is the only fish he picks on - ungrateful SOB

Hybrid 1.JPG

Hybrid 2.JPG

Hybrid 3.JPG

Hybrid 4.JPG

Hybrid 5.JPG

Hybrid 6.JPG

Reactions: Athletic_Amph

Hybridfish7

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2017
Is it just me or do hrps like breeding with anything but other hrps?
I've seen them breed with nanolutea, sajica, all other convict locales, cutteri, myrnae, etc...
Perhaps whatever environmental pressures they had in rio los almendros forced them to breed out traits in males that females of the species (as a whole) instinctually find desirable.

Reactions: Bbuckley

Hybridfish7

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2017
Is it just me or do hrps like breeding with anything but other hrps?
I've seen them breed with nanolutea, sajica, all other convict locales, cutteri, myrnae, etc...
Perhaps whatever environmental pressures they had in rio los almendros forced them to breed out traits in males that females of the species (as a whole) instinctually find desirable.
Disregard this message, the blue is recessive, but I think it's more attractive to them the same way human guys like blonde women or whatever.

Anyway, here's mine, the other way (male nicoya to female hrp)

1000041275.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store