Rip 57

Yanbbrox

Monster hole digger
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2007
Nr Mcr uk
I don't post very often these days so I will be as breif as I can.

About 5 years ago I has a brain hemorage that should have killed me but some how didn't, people at work had a collection for me and as I keep koi they got me vouchers for a localish koi dealer who I knew is passing but not well, after 3 months of being off sick I went back to work, at the time I could tell these had been made up on the fly by the dealer. I made the 40 minutes drive to use these vouchers and used them to buy a £180 pound fish, quite a lot but I only had £140 in vouchers, Dave the guy who runs the place place obviously knew my story and said, that's fine, just use the vouchers.

A month ago she started getting really lethargic, just sitting at the top of the pond and doing nothing so I got her out and treated her with a heavy dose of PP and she picked up, last week she went down hill fast, so got her out again and treated, this morning after 2 days of swimming normally I found her dead on the bottom on my morning walk round the pond.

It's difficult to put into words how much this fish meant to me not only as a fish but as a outcry of human emotion towards me that meant I got to look after her for so long, not a mark on her, nothing wrong from the microscope readings I did, she just gave up...thanks for reading

20170630_194224.jpg

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Sorry for the loss of your koi. Keep the fishkeeping as much as u can if it keeps you happy Yanbbrox Yanbbrox . Thanks for the read.

Reactions: J. H.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Man that's horrible :(

I'm sorry for your fish

Grinch

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2014
NJ
Stunning fish. Great story. Thanks for sharing :)

Aquatank

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 30, 2017
california
aquatank134.wixsite.com
The loss of a beloved fish is is like a loss of a loved one from the family.
And this things always come in the time when we don't expect them to happen .
I have my sorrow with you and let the fish keeping hobby of yours sustain in this hard times as well

Galantspeedz

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2017
the fish looks either very fat or pregnant or bloated.... is this how it should look like?

FishPondSealant

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 25, 2016
Sorry for the loss of your beloved koi fish, try to keep your fish keeping hobby continue. If you ever face Pond leak problem then pondpro2000 is the best solution I recommend. Thanks

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
the fish looks either very fat or pregnant or bloated.... is this how it should look like?
Carp can be like that. Search monster carp on google

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store