Rip murray cod

Frctcih

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 14, 2017
Hey guys I recently purchased a young 20cmlong long cod it died yesterday very sad I kept him in a pond with six goldfish all where Perfectly fine except one which had cotton wool fungus on the side of him. all though there was a barrier between the cod and goldfish so I don't know what happened. the day before the cod died he gained the same fungal infection right before he rested with the fishes. But it was so quick I just don't know what happened. Pls explain the cod had already been sick once and we took it back to the fish shop. Where they looked after it for 4 weeks. we checked everything the ammonia level was zero and he was eating food I just don't know what happened

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Not sure what kind of barrier you used but if it is any kind of net or grid then it did nothing to block the water flow and whatever pathogens that might be in the pond.That infected goldfish should have been removed the moment you noticed it and the pond treated after a good water change for tha sake of the cod and the other fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store