Rock carving

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
That’s pretty cool. What do you use to carve with?
Thanks! I use a dremel with an accessory kit I got from harbor freight. It has diamond bits of different sizes that work great on rock.

Yes pretty impressive looks like a fossil.
Thanks! Haha! It does look like a fossil.

I just need to figure out how to polish it up. I have a polishing compound, but I tried that on a different rock and wasn’t impressed.
I was thinking of putting mineral oil on it, but I’m not sure that will make a difference either. Hmmm....

Reactions: tlindsey

BIG-G

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
NC
Thanks! I use a dremel with an accessory kit I got from harbor freight. It has diamond bits of different sizes that work great on rock.
I thought dremel. I have several different dremel and 50 plus bits, but I’m not very steady or artistic.
I would love to do a few of these and kinda place them in the tanks sort of like a little Easter egg hunt.

Reactions: islandguy11

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
I thought dremel. I have several different dremel and 50 plus bits, but I’m not very steady or artistic.
I would love to do a few of these and kinda place them in the tanks sort of like a little Easter egg hunt.
I was thinking of doing something like that.
Making small carvings of fish, snails, ect. And have them placed randomly in the tank. Maybe have a big rock with a few small carvings on it.

You should give it a try. I have very shaky hands and the start of carpal tunnel, so I’m not well set to do this either. I just love rocks and am fascinated with anything you can make out of them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store