Rope or Nope

As the title suggests Ropefish in my tank?

• Rope

Votes: 13 100.0%
  • Nope

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
Ok so some of you know my current tank and the fact that Ive got a 180 just dying to get wet. My stock at this point is 2 delz, 2 golddust, moke, albino, sen, polli, a few random others I am not worried about for purposes of this Question and or Poll, and a teug. So I have wanted/always liked Ropefish also but seeing magpie magpie trio has got me wanting some. Lfs has about 20 in stock as of Saturday ranging in size from 8" to about 13" he said he'd hold 3 of the bigger ones for about a week for me while the 180 finishes its cycle (oops cats out of the bag and tank). So on to the Poll with my stock Rope or Nope?

Reactions: tlindsey and clm08k

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Had three with my old cb teugelsi and no issues. That was in my 125g and it was about 14in and no issues. Keep some places for the ropes and other polys to hide and should be fine.

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
They love plants.

I love them.

They are smiley snake fish.

I think they're really beautiful, graceful swimmers and they like their own company and the company of the other polys.

Mine eat out of my fingers.

Mine are very gentle with all of the other polys.

Mine are active and swim around a lot.

I say YES! Get 3 of them minimum. :)

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
I will say... if you plan on having any lower jaws I have been advised against keeping them with the LJs. They are very thin and worm-like.

So... if you want to keep any LJs I would then amend my answer to Nope.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store