Roseline shark lifespan?

MultipleTankSyndrome

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2021
Loachaholica
Very interesting, thank you for all the elaboration. I wonder why some died at around the 6 year mark while others lasted to 8 - genetics may have played a role, or individual stress.

Nonetheless, although there could be reports of longer lived individuals, 6-8 years doesn't seem unrealistic to me. So while I'm not at all opposed to this hunch being wrong, my hunch is that temperature is unlikely to have shortened the lifespans.

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
My last post details my original experience with dennisons back in the days of my first stint in the hobby.

When I came back into the hobby in 2015 one of my first purchases fish wise was......half a dozen dennisons! This was August 2015.

When I recently broke my 180 com tank down most of the stock was donated to my LFS, my dennisons included (though I now regret letting them go, they could have gone in my 360). They were all going in their huge display tank in the store. I've since been down to the store to look at my fish, they're all doing great.

Going off my original Aug 2015 purchase date, those dennisons will be around 7 years old this August!!!

Now I'm no super duper fish keeper by any stretch, but I imagine 6,7,8 year old dennisons are relatively common, even older. They are certainly a robust fish. Current prices are around £20 each in my area, one of the reasons I now regret letting mine go to my LFS.

MultipleTankSyndrome

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2021
Loachaholica
Lol, sorry to hear you let yours go. I'll have to put the pet store on the list of places to NOT take mine when I have them :ROFL:

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
The term "average" can be very misleading in terms of using it to determine how long one can expect an animal to live. The more delicate the animal, or the more demanding its requirements are, the shorter the average will be...but that's simply because most of them don't survive nearly as long in captivity as they should/would if maintained optimally.
Hey John, yes, I completely agree.

But also on the flip side, the average fish born in the wild, often doesn't make it to it's first birthday! :)

MultipleTankSyndrome

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2021
Loachaholica
Great to hear. Do keep us updated on a yearly basis to let us know if they reach 10 or more.

MultipleTankSyndrome

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2021
Loachaholica
So sorry for the loss?.
Thank you for sharing still, and I hope the rest give you the many years you had been hoping to get from them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store