RTC and feeding Brown store bought Shrimp

Anastasia2007

Feeder Fish
Aug 8, 2023
Wondering how to best feed store bought Brown shrimp. They have their heads and tails, complete. I am concerned if feeding them whole to a RTC that is approx 22" is dangerous. I am willing to remove the peel, tail, head. etc but wondered if it is better to feed whole.

Reactions: tlindsey

Fishyboy🐟🐟🐟

Candiru
MFK Member
May 31, 2023
Wondering how to best feed store bought Brown shrimp. They have their heads and tails, complete. I am concerned if feeding them whole to a RTC that is approx 22" is dangerous. I am willing to remove the peel, tail, head. etc but wondered if it is better to feed whole.
I fast read this and thought you were trynna feed Shrimp with rtc and were asking if you should take the peel tail and head off LOL

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Welcome to the MFK!

RTCs don't get prepared feed in the wild. They are equipped to deal with spiny, prickly, armored, etc. meals. They also benefit from wholesome meals.

I'd make sure the shrimp was not treated with anything, for instance, formaldehyde / formalin, to preserve color and freshness.

Shrimp are high in thiaminase, so cooked is better in this regard as cooking destroys thiaminase.

Reactions: tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store