Status
Not open for further replies.

santoury

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 8, 2006
Massachusetts
I'm looking for these three species. Thanks

Have 17 lungfish as it is already, so I am perfectly aware of their needs and wants and sizes :)

santoury

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 8, 2006
Massachusetts
Hello
Sorry, but I don't yet have a digital camera... ack ack! I'm a little old fashioned with technology even though I'm a 30 year old college Biology student (studying lungfish behavior) I had a sweet 4 inch SAL, but one of my annectens killed it while doing a damned water change. I put them in the same bucket while re-filling the tank. Who would have thought 2 minutes in the bucket that one would already be on the other? I was really, really disappointed as the SAL is in fact the rarer species of the two that have been available in New England - the SAL and annectens.
Most of mine are annectens, but also have a few dolloi (including an albino, THANKS TOYIN!) and several (3 or 4 aethiopicus - two albino, THANKS TOYIN!) So that leaves me with the elusive three...

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
Oh... So, you're the one that aced out on the albino dolloi. Congrats on the quick-handed pickup. Toyin's the man for awesome african LF. I got my albino aethiopicus from him, as well.
I haven't seen any new AULs available in about a year. And, I just recently lost the only amphibius I've heard of entering the US in about a decade. Good luck in your search.

santoury

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 8, 2006
Massachusetts
Thanks for the compliment on the dolloi. He is a M O N S T E R. For those that know Bryce and Creep, I have Creep now as well, but this dolloi is larger, if that is believable. Lungfish are great!

So, I just wanted to bump up this request for lungfishes I have added info.

I am a behavior researcher on lungfishes and currently have 17 in my collection, but am looking for the below:

1. Any unwanted lungfishes. Will adopt. LFS often end up with unwanted ones, so maybe the same is true online. Just wanted to let my fellow MFK guys and gals know that their lung has a great home should the need arise.

2. Any SAL - A guy local is supposed to get me some, but if he falls through, I will need a few. Price should be reasonable.

3. An Australian - My purse will only allow for one at the moment, but need one in my collection.

4. An amphibius - Never seen one offered, so don't know what the price range is, but do need one in my collection as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store